Back to Top

Who is MIP Websites?

We are a husband and wife team (Peter and Lori) who originally started trading in 2004. We are based in Bracknell, Berkshire and are happy to work with companies / organisations trading within mainland UK.
Much of our work comes from referrals and repeat business. Our customers tell us they greatly appreciate our no nonsense approach to costs and the level of personal support we provide.

Who are your typical customers?

We have created websites for a wide range of customers: small businesses, martial arts, charities, organisations.

How do we know you will do a good job?

We ask you to take some time to look at our Current Website Designs. Feel free to give us a call and if need be we will come and meet you. We would be happy to put you in contact with any of our customers to get an independent view, if necessary.

What are your Terms and Conditions?

Click here for our terms and conditions. We hope they are clear, however, if there are any ambiguities please contact us to discuss the area or areas you are concerned about.

How long does it take to create a website?

If you have all of the images and text you want to use, for a simple five page site it is possible to complete everything within a couple of days. If you require a complex site time scales are typically two weeks to one month.

How much does a website cost?

Because websites can vary enormously in size and complexity this question is very difficult to answer until we have further information from you. We have given some idea of costs for a very basic site on this page.

What are your payment terms?

We will ask for an up front non refundable payment, which we call a Project Acceptance Fee, of 35% of the estimated site design and build costs plus hosting costs (if you take hosting from us). We will ask for the remaining 65% of the site design costs, when the site is ready to be launched, plus site Maintenance and Support Service fees.

What will be my on-going costs once my website is completed?

As mentioned above we will charge for hosting (if applicable), a “Maintenance and Support Service” fee and, based on your decision, a lack of advertising exposure fee (see below). The Maintenance and Support Service fee is calculated on the complexity of your website.
This fee covers the cost of any web / e-mail related technical support and up to 24 minor site updates per year. Minor is defined as text and image changes. Major updates start at a minimum cost of £30. We do not offer website designs without our Maintenance and Support Service fee.
We normally add an unobtrusive small amount of MIP Websites advertising to each of your web pages, if you do not want any of our advertising on your website we will charge £36 per year for the lack of our advertising exposure.

What discounts do you offer?

We offer two discounts: Multiple Product Discount and Low Maintenance and Support Service user.

If you have multiple websites, which we also supply hosting for, we will apply a 10% discount to the hosting and the Maintenance and Support Service fee. If you decide to take your hosting elsewhere we will apply a 10% discount to the Maintenance and Support Service fee only.

If your use of the Maintenance and Support Service is low we will apply a 10% – 50% discount on the fee. This will be additional to the Multiple Product Discount. There is no set criteria to this, it is based on how much of our time you use.